Thursday, December 6, 2007

Timing

I have just been thinking about how it seems some people have everything together. They get so much done, efficiently. I am thinking of how I appeared to the administrator of the preschool/daycare this morning. Two lunch boxes, check; two book bags, check; extra shoes for the boys, double check; all the doctor physicals, eli physical, permission forms, and various papers, check; Sam, check; Nathan, Nathan.. where did your socks and boots go? We just walked in the door and I carried you in with both boots and socks on.. check.
Yolanda, the sweet woman who stole my heart, (she was the first person--no family--to watch either of my children), asked me this morning (hair disheveled and lopsided), "More? More babinos?" I had to reply, "Uh.. NO.. not today .. maybe tomorrow!" She love my little guys.
I don't know how people have THE job, THE cars, THE houses, the KIDS, a social life (??), friends, animals, and then the hobbies! Some days I am more ambitious, sure, and I get quite a bit done.. then, most of the time, I am with the boys.
I think I have enough time to sew presents, go to school (trying to make it work), sell real estate, be a secretary, and mommy of two little boys. I don't know how anyone does it.
I know how I am saving a lot of stress and time this holiday season anyway, online shopping. That is the way to go. I had to wait in line to return a printer cartridge forever today. Then there were more and more lines everywhere I went. Internet or Catalog shopping, so much easier! If you can get free shipping, icing on the cake!
My deepest respects to all out there who do it all, pretend to do it all, or have children and throw there hands in the air as they dump all the noodles/instant potatoes/cereal on to the floor after smearing the mysterious unknown substance on the walls/floor/you.

No comments: