Thursday, February 7, 2008

Superhero Firemen

It has been one strange sickness or another here at the homestead. "Strange?" you ask.. yes! One little person will bring me home a sickness and they will get sick, very sick on a Friday night.. for example.. then they feel better the next day and a few days later I get sick. After about a day of feeling better (and the sicknesses last short periods of time with the children mind you), the other little person will bring a mutated form of the illness home to share with me some more. Damn those diseases.

In between the "every kind of stomach bug you can get" sicknesses, we have been up to a little liveliness! On last Saturday, I was officially losing my mind. Sam had been, refer to the Friday episode above.. okay.. so Saturday comes and Sam announces loud and clear that he is all better by 6:30 in the morning. I can not believe my ears and feel this is a very cruel punishment for being an attentive mother all through the night. Around 2pm I am ready for bedtime. The children did not take naps and had been up all night.. oh and at like 6:30 in the MORNING. For those of you who go with no sleep for days at a time.. well I don't work like that. For those of you who wake up early all week long.. agian, sorry but on Saturday I am ready to sleep until 7am. Yes, that 1/2 hour matters a lot to me! *smiles* 2:05Pm.. I have to do something or someone isn't going to make it until the real bedtime (at this point I'm looking at 5:30-6pm-ish).. Remember that it is the Winterfest festival in Geneva.. and it is a warm-ish (at least 40 degrees) day. We go to see the magic show. The boys don't get it and think the magician (Ronald McDonald) is "not-nice".. okay.. see my dad there, and he goes with us to get a cookie for the boys. Next I want to take them to the firestation. Backing up a bit, last week I watched Lilly and she and Sam decided they were firemen. Nathan even got to tag along! Lilly decided they were "Superheros".. Sam disagreed. "Firemen".. Then they compromised.. Superhero Firemen. What do Superhero firemen do, you ask.. from my observation.. a person collapsed on the floor got drug around by the firemen until they jumped up to all go fight a fire together! This repeated for a while, varying which person was being "saved".

Fast forward back to last Saturday afternoon, Sam and Nathan don't know what I am taking them to do. We walk into the firestation and there is a very nice fireman (he has actually helped me put in my car seats a couple times and came once when I called for an emergency) who puts a small REAL firecoat on Sam. Sam was unsure about this man who called himself a fireman at first. The coat started warming him up and then when he asked if they wanted to get into the fire truck and push all the buttons, turn on the lights, and generally play in the truck for a while.. well you'd think Sam hit the lottery! He was steering that thing and going to fight the fires in a HUGH truck. They both gave me a kiss and said good bye as the ventured off to save the world.

No comments: