Thursday, November 29, 2007

planes, trains, and automobiles

I am back. I have been back for almost a week now. What a trip. Really nice to see all my family for the holiday. It was busy and scheduled pretty tight. It would be cool to just hang out with my family some time instead of "doing" things all the time. I miss just laying in bed with my grandma watching movies. she always has the best pillows- and lots of them! She looked great! You could tell some of the family members were a little stressed out! So glad they weren't here for the holiday!
Thanksgiving dinner we had at their local c.c. Pretty good, just missing the real traditional stuffing and mashed potatoes. I gave the last piece of pumpkin pie to my dad, and sucked it up by eating the decedent chocolate cake! Oh, the sacrifices..
Did I mention that the trip to and from was the real adventure? We were lugging a car seat (not just a little one, a monster of a car seat), 3 carry ons, and the boys? I learned pretty quick that you can hail down those electronic cars like taxis! I was going down the escalator and one started going away, I yelled out "Don't you see us?! You can't leave!" He radioed in backup.
Taking the boys' shoes off and putting their lovies on the xray machine was not a happy time.
My dad stayed relatively calm and collected throughout. I was impressed. Probably figured we were in hell and there was no turning back now.
The next day I had a huge bruise all across my shoulder and collar bone from all the carry ons. I told my cousin I was a little sore and Mc replied.. " It will make you stronger!" yeah right.. carrying around heavy shit all day and juggling children will make my skin thicker and less prone to bruising.
On the way back almost to CLE airport, we had to fly through the overcast clouds. It was cool to watch Sam's eyes bug out of his head. He couldn't believe we were going through the clouds. I told him he was sort of like a care bear (since they even get to drive around in cars made of clouds). "Me?! CareBears like me?" it was cute!
The stewardesses both ways were, uh, um, well I thought they were supposed to be pleasant, nice even. Maybe nice went out the window when the first one told me that since my car seat didn't have the frickin' sticker (the car seat is airline approved) we couldn't use it on the plane (did she know we just dragged the monster through the entire airport?!).
Next time, we are taking the train.
I get home and over the weekend make a real thanksgiving dinner--complete with mashed potatoes, real stuffing, and apple pie.
Then I wanted to set up the tree, I just love Christmas! Problem. Sam broke the tree on Christmas last year. I was the town idiot who took down the gate guarding it.
Trees are expensive. Ridiculously expensive. Found one pretty cheap, opened it up, *so excited*.. and it smelled like old people and smoke. Poof no more Christmas spirit.
Something about old people and smoke on the tree sucked it right out of me!
I decided to wash it. So for a whole day I had 6.5 feet of Christmas tree on towels in my kitchen. This was the same day I was stuck in my dress for 20 minutes. (I called for help and no one would pick up the phone). Also same day I went with the boys for Holiday Pictures! Oh Boy.
After five days of trying to get the tree up and decorated, I finally finished tonight.
Now on to the wrapping of current presents and the making of the rest. I really need to do this all year long, so I can enjoy this "season." Happy Holidays~

No comments: